Employers often seek our legal assistance:
- When an employee complains of harassment.
- Before terminating an employee or conducting a layoff or restructuring.
- When an employee has medical issues and job performance problems.
- To ensure that they are paying employees in compliance with the law.
The firm’s counseling process begins with skilled, attentive listening to the client’s concerns. Our breadth of experience and deep knowledge allow us to ask the right questions. We then analyze the relevant legal issues and assess the real-world impact. Finally, we help our clients understand their options and the benefits and risks of each.
Our counseling services cover a wide range of employment issues, including:
- Employee Compensation Requirements
- Leaves of Absence (e.g., Family and Medical Leave Act) and Disability Accommodation Issues
- Restructuring and Layoffs
- Harassment, Discrimination, Retaliation Complaints
- Job Performance Documentation
- Risk Analysis
- Severance Agreements
- COBRA and Related Employee Benefits
- Worker Adjustment Retraining Notification Act (WARN) Notice Compliance