A prompt, thorough and objective investigation into harassment or other workplace misconduct is not only a legal requirement but also a practical necessity. The ramifications of such allegations are serious not only for the accused, but also for the complaining party and the entire organization.
Our firm provides the necessary neutrality and extensive experience and expertise in harassment and related employment laws for these cases. Clients can be assured that our fact-finding conclusions will provide a sound basis for determining the appropriate remedial action.
We approach each investigation with a fresh perspective, carefully reviewing the allegations, identifying relevant witnesses and documents, conducting interviews, making credibility determinations and then conveying the findings to the client. Our written reports are clear and thorough, enabling the client to communicate the results to those who need to know and to formulate the right action or remedial plan.
We also advise clients on how to conduct their own workplace investigations or oversee investigations conducted by internal Human Resources representatives.
Types of Investigations:
- Sexual, racial and other forms of harassment, hostile work environment, and discrimination complaints
- Sexual misconduct and other workplace violence issues
- Retaliation and whistleblower complaints
- Complaints regarding ethics or other business practice/code of conduct violations
- Disability accommodation and harassment complaints
- Wage & hour violations, such as, unpaid overtime
Types of Clients:
- Private sector businesses of varying sizes and industries
- Public sector, including educational institutions, special districts, municipalities
- Nonprofit organizations